Google+ Adventures with Baby Boo Bear: Birthday Shopping, Christmas Shopping - DONE!!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Birthday Shopping, Christmas Shopping - DONE!!

I strive to be finished shopping for Christmas LONG before the holiday chaos starts at the mall.  This year I found myself considerably further behind than usual.  I think I did an excellent job this year at putting a lot of thought into the gifts we purchased!  I wish I could share some of the unique items we got for certain folk but since they read they blog I can't really share ;).

In addition to adding Emmett into the Christmas Shopping chore, fun.  We also had a first birthday to shop for! 

Having a munchkin born so close to Christmas has so far proven to be:
A) Fun - because you can just shop and shop and decide what to give for which holiday later

and

B) Disastrous - because you shop and shop and shop some more and forget how much you actually bought!....I might speak from experience because I might have found a stash of gifts in the garage on the trailer that I hid for safe keeping's....whoops.

We definitely did not plan to go overboard but we did.  Since it's his first Birthday AND he will actually be awake and not brand spankin' new this Christmas we decided that it's okay.

Some of our top gifts this year are:

1) Mega Bloks: First Builders : Emmett LOVES the starter set of Mega Bloks that he has and loves them.  He recently started putting the pieces together himself!  I think there will be a few of these sets this year I know how happy he will be!
Safari
Photo Credit: Mega Bloks Website

2) Puzzles: Emmett is starting to understand the function of a puzzle.  He is into puzzles, stacking cups, stacking toys and anything that he has to figure out how to get a shape into an opening.

See-Inside Numbers Peg Puzzle - 10 pieces
Photo Credit: Melissa & Doug

3) Rody Horse
Yellow  Rody
When I first heard of this "hot" toy I had no idea what it was!  After some Google searching I realized Emmett had loved this toy at the pumpkin farm!  We finally found a Canadian retailer that sold it - Applause Toy Store - Bracebridge and scooped it up! 

4) Little Tykes DiscoverSounds Activity Garden




 I'm pretty excited for this!  It looks like it should keep him entertained for hours!


 He also got a few smaller toys, a couple electronic toys (okay a lot...like 6...okay 8), books, some clothes and of course he wouldn't be his Daddy's son if he didn't get a few jerseys!

I am very excited to see his reactions to each new items and glad that he won't remember how spoiled he was his first birthday and second Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment