Google+ Adventures with Baby Boo Bear: Weekend Recap

Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Recap

I'm back, I'm finally back!!

I have missed blogging!  I'm finally done the Momstown Birthday Bash and ready for a sewing break...other than the custom Christmas orders that are coming in!

We had a busy, busy weekend!  Actually we've had a pretty busy month.  I have lots of stuff stocked up for the boutique so I can enjoy the next few weeks as we head into fall (yay!!) with Emmett and Craig.  Since it's my favorite season I am excited to be on maternity leave and have NOTHING to do other than enjoy it.

Friday, Emmett and I drove down to Mississauga to meet up with a Mom from my online Mom's board.  She just happened to be in Ontario (she is from the West coast) for tryouts for the Canadian Women's Sledge Hockey Team (pretty cool, huh??) and came in a day early so we could meet! 

I told Craig I was kind of nervous going because while you kind of "know" these Mom's you don't actually KNOW them.  It was so much fun though and I'd do it again in a second!  We didn't have any awkward conversation - it was just like old friends meeting up!

Here we are!

These ladies have been such an amazing support group, friends and resource for me both during pregnancy and for these past few months.   I can't wait to meet more of them in real life!

Saturday I spent sewing my butt off.  Emmett's Aunt Marianne came for a visit and of course brought him a huge PRESENT!  He loves it.

Look at all the fun they had!
 
 
Sunday was the day I've been prepping for pretty much all month!  The Momstown Birthday Bash!
 
 
While the show didn't go quite as well as I had hoped (I had really high aspirations) it still did well!  I also made some great connections and got my name out there!  Emmett also met Clifford the dog which he quite enjoyed. 
 
Daddy, Emmett & Clifford
 

Our booth!
 
In other news....Emmett can stand...unassisted....for almost 30 seconds sometimes.  I miss my little baby but am enjoying all these milestones and can't wait to see what he gets into, learns next.


1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun meeting you and Emmett this weekend Jenn! You're right, it did feel like old friends getting together. No awkward pauses or anything!

    ReplyDelete