Google+ Adventures with Baby Boo Bear: Tushie Talk Tuesday: Diaper Review Series Week 2

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tushie Talk Tuesday: Diaper Review Series Week 2

Disclaimer: I did not receive product in compensation for this review.  These opinions are my own and were in no way influenced by the company nor was I asked to write this review.

I did not think I was going to make it in time for Tushie Tuesday...but the sleep gods intervened and Emmett is FINALLY asleep!!

This week we will be reviewing:

BumGenius 4.0
Pocket Diaper
 
At first I didn't understand the BG love that the CD world seemed to share for them.  I hated the way that they fit Emmett.  Now as he has grown to be quite the chunk they are one of my favorite fits on him.  They have great leak protection too.

BG 4.0 allow him to get into everything!
 
 Things I love.
 
The fit - these do fit Emmett very well.  I think that the velcro fit better than the snap.  I love that these fit his chunky thighs even on the smallest setting.  They also have a great high rise.  BG are one of the only diapers we still have on the smallest setting.

Great fit!
The inserts - they have alot of sizes and snaps to customize where you need the most protection.  I have yet to have a BG leak. 

The pockets have lots of room for extra soakers.

The flaps over the pocket never ride up.  I love that because I know if I'm using a microfiber insert that it will never touch his skin.
 
Things I don't love.
 
The boring prints.  I know, I know CD should be about functionality right?  I still love a good print!  I have one fun BG print and haven't seen any others!

BG pockets only have one opening for stuffing....I'm torn on how I feel about this feature in diapers.  I LIKE that Emmett stays dry in the front because nothing escapes through the opening.  I don't like it because it does make stuffing them a bit trickier...especially with a boy and requiring a lot of padding in the front.  It isn't a deal breaker though!

I'm giving BG 2 ratings.

1: Taking into consideration ONLY functionality - 5 stars

2: Based on all aspects (hint: boring prints) - 3.5 stars...hey, as a modern cloth Mama this is important to me!

Happy diaper wearing dude!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment