Google+ Adventures with Baby Boo Bear: Not so Wordless Wednesday

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not so Wordless Wednesday

I had my Wordless Wednesday ready to go.  Complete with pictures of our fantastic day of picnic and play at the beach today.

Things change.

 I just read a news story that truly broke my heart.  If you choose to you can read it here (warning: contains content that may offend/be sensitive to some readers).

Stories that would have upset me prior to Emmett now have a significantly different impact on me.  As a parent I cannot fathom why anyone would want to hurt their child or allow any harm to come on them. 

I stopped what I was doing and had to grieve for this loss.  Whether it was an accident or mishap is irrelevant.  A beautiful and unknowing child was the victim. 

I posted on Facebook yesterday that a pet peeve of mine is when people that are uneducated or unread in an area see it necessary to post endless comments...so I leave you with simply my feelings about this and some reading to help educate yourselves or others.

Consumer Reports, 2009

United States Department of Transportation, 2010

Parent.com, 2001

The Learning Community, 2011

About.com, pediatrics


Until next time...please put your children (and pets) safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment